It's been a long time since I talked to you in this blog. I haven't forgotten, just had a myriad of things going on and no time to dig under the surface of my life to find the real me underneath. Did you ever get like that with life so busy that you can't find a soft spot inside. It's kinda like bracing yourself before walking out into a cold and driving rain right now. Life is not necessarily hard, just unrelenting and taking all of my effort and attention.
While I think about the coming days, I am grateful for the fact that I can always look at the simplest things to find evidence of you. It makes me glad that you are my constant in the changing tides. I'm kind of like a beachcomber, you know, excited to see what will wash up everyday. If I can only remember that it's an adventure and not a life sentence, I'll be alright and I'll make it. I know, it takes a buy in to that illusive thing called trust and someday we are going to be best friends. For now I'll settle for being polite acquaintances.
This season will be different from any other. My life and loves are changing right along with the seasons. It's about time!
You know that everything is going to be more than alright with me and mine. I can sense your rising and joyous optimism falling on me. This new season is full of expressions of your loving and kind ways. I want to find them all and tell whoever will listen that it's the greatest journey knowing you.
Such HOPE displayed here...thank you!
ReplyDelete