I had a delightful invitation to go along with one of my favorite people on a fact finding trip. A woman of many talents, my friend was looking into becoming a creator of fine 'repurposed' items. As well, she is thinking about taking on the great big task of being a 'repurposing event' broker. What an interesting line of thought! I was introduced to a subculture that I was not very aware of and it was quite a whirlwind.
Re purposed. Being re purposed means taking something older, ready to be thrown away and changing it into some sort of decoration or gift. I saw wagon wheel tables that were simply beautiful. As well, antique furniture reupholstered in antique German feed sacks~ they were quite chic and expensive! That's saying a lot for me since I am more of a sleek, modern girl. However, I do tip my hat to those re purposing diva's who can make something amazing, unique and even whimsical out of the old and forgotten.
It's so me in the hands of You. Like an old, forgotten window from a house torn down long ago, You see beauty and purpose in me. Even now, when I fail, when I have put my foot in my mouth for the thousandth time, you still see the rare and exquisite that I myself do not see. What a rare find you are. Like an offshore breeze, You waft over my sun scorched spirit and suddenly I am new.
Life is waring on me, and yet, Your strong hand continues to change me~ to shape me into someone I am not used to seeing within me~ You.
Encouraging words, Kristina....beautiful words. Words I needed to hear. Thank you.
ReplyDelete"By the time a woman is my age, it's not fashionable to say 'I'm undone and I don't have a clue what's going on,' but it's the truth." I thought I was the only one! We should have a club called "The Clueless". Ahh, to be 20, and have all the answers!! It encourages me. Thanks.
ReplyDelete