Today has been very different from other days in that my daughter and grandson began moving into their own apartment. Boxes are everywhere and we're working on what stays and what goes. So, it's now almost midnight and I've finally gotten to my laptop. Just for today, I'll be breaking my own rule by writing about the events/ thoughts going through me right now. I guess I better get to this before it turns into tomorrow!
I think I've cried about seven times today. It's so strange since moving my grown children in and out isn't new to me. In fact, we've helped pack them up and settle them more than a few times. This time is definitely different~ our grandson is going to a new little house with his mommy. They are starting out on a journey as their own family tomorrow. There are so many things going through my mind, and at the same time, other things are running through my heart.
Lord, You've been good to us these last couple of years. We've had so many ups and downs, yet You have been close beside us. While we watch our precious ones make their way to their new home, it's with sadness and a sense of hope that they will be more than fine. Please, help us to keep our commitment to that little man~ to regularly and intentionally pursue 'face time' with him and not forget how important it is to be with him.
So, in the morning we'll get up for the last time and hear his little voice cry out, "Pop Pop, Gigi, where are you? Can I have yogurt and blueberries, please?" Oh sure, he'll be back to spend the night sometimes, but we're passing over a threshold and on to the next season.
Tonight, as you wash over me, remember to gather all the uncried tears inside my heart. Please, let me wake up in the morning as my best self. Yes, my very best self, with your joy all over me. I need you to do this so that my lovey's will know it's okay to move on.
"I will do this and much more, my dear. Let it go, let them go and remember I have them right inside my heart just like you do. Don't worry, I won't let you down."
"Let it go", the same word was spoken to me not so long a go and it was not easy...and it still isn't but I KNOW it was the right thing to do and God will be faithful to me. Thank you for sharing your heart dear one. This will be a whole new beginning of a new and exciting journey for all of you! Blessings and favor to you on your travels ♥
ReplyDeleteI have always appreciated your "unique perspective". I encourage you to write... from your heart to ours.
ReplyDelete