Friday, August 20, 2010

What, Dad?

A while ago, a friend's dad wrote something on her status update that really touched me. Well, a couple of things, actually~ they were worth sharing. If you're like me, any 'Dad stuff' that builds me up is super important to get.

Yeah, 'Dad stuff'...

As my friend related something about herself, (or perhaps someone else), her Dad wrote, "...we all walk with a limp...". Either way, it is so impacting to me because 'Dad' wrote it. It speaks to me that 'Dad' is merciful... a new concept for me; that he is very aware and accepting of human weakness.... whoa, not a perfectionist with high expectations of me; he admits and has counted himself as one of 'us'.... not a concept I have felt for a long time from my 'with skin on' Dad. It warmed and melted my heart to see this loving exchange between two DNA connected people ~ yet so much more.

I felt You pouring yourself on me saying, "This is who I am... I am." I could also sense your loving face beckoning me to try, to believe. It was such a rich moment for me while you revealed a bit more of yourself to me. The truth in you filled me up and the flavor was rich, healthy, delicious. You are so good.

The other thing my friend's Dad wrote was, "...I'm so proud of you and I love you more than (you fill in the blank)...." Yeah, 'you fill in the blank'. To hear/ see my Dad say that to me the way my friend's Dad said it to her would be so huge, it would change my life in a split second... that's what flashed through my mind when I read it.

In that moment, I felt that from you, Dad. In a split second, you translated a simple, profound revelation to my whole being. And so I am changed. Heaven kissed the earth and made it new, made it fresh again. Please, Dad, kiss me more.

You know, I want to learn to live my life from the root of profound insight- the kind that splits the sky of my 'understanding' box. The truth is that I am loved~ deeply and certainly loved by someone bigger, stronger than me and He's fully committed to me. Dad.

2 comments:

  1. What a deep, gracious, beautiful woman you are inside and out. When will you write a book? Until then, this is good.
    KA

    ReplyDelete